Friday, December 10, 2010

I'd give anything.

I wish parents would take a step back and try for just one second to put themselves in my shoes, try for one second to imagine that your sweet precious children died the day they were born... they never cried, they never kicked, they never took one single breath... you never got to bring them home, you never got to see their first smile, you never got to see their first step, you never got to take a picture of their first day at school. For just one second, try to imagine the pain you'd be in, try to imagine the heartache, try to imagine having to force yourself to get out of bed every single day because you have nothing to get out of bed for.

I'm gonna try to say this quick and without trying to offend anyone, this is what's weighing on my mind...

Let me just say that I do not have a problem talking about kids. I like kids, I always have and I hope I always will. I don't have a problem with other people talking about their kids, I like talking about my baby - just, no one ever wants to hear about him...

Now, what I do have a problem with is being in a conversation with people where a parent is complaining about any common everyday occurrence of parenthood, such as...

...complaining about wiping noses

...complaining about stinky diapers

...complaining about buying anything (diapers, formula, toys, anything)

...complaining about a crying baby or a baby who cries too much

I just want to go on record saying that I'd give anything to be wiping my baby's nose for the next 18 years...

I'd give anything to be changing my baby's stinky diapers...

I'd give anything to have a reason to buy diapers and formula...

and I'd give anything to have a baby who cries too much...

I'd give anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment