Saturday, June 12, 2010

Serious stuff...

Pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome.
Serious stuff.

I wish I had known all the symptoms - I only knew about high blood pressure and protein in the urine, neither of which I had until that last day - I didn't know about the headaches, the blurred vision, the sudden weight gain... I woke up with a horrible headache and I couldn't see straight - I called in sick to work and took a nap to try to ease my headache before my doc appointment that afternoon. At my doc appointment, I learned that I had gained 6 pounds over that last 5 days... I didn't have a scale, so I didn't know. My blood pressure was extremely high, urine check... there was a significant amount of protein present, I was diagnosed with severe pre-e... my doc gave me a quick run down on pre-e, told me to expect to deliver that evening or the next day, and sent me to L&D at the hospital... by the time I got to L&D, Landon's heart had stopped, the rest of the night is a whirlwind of nurses and doctors and IV's and shots and emptiness... Landon was born still the following evening, 23 hours and 55 minutes after being induced.

"Know the symptoms. Trust yourself" Preeclampsia is serious, preeclampsia killed my baby.

Check out the website www.preeclampsia.org it could save your baby's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment